Hey Congratulations, Cherie!! You have everyone here's support, we know you will win!!! Good Luck, and have a blast!! [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Best Wishes, Cherie.
Just remember the old Michaelangelo perspective that the sculpture already exists in the medium and his only job was to set it free.
Work fast, but work safe. Breathe deeply and just know that you're the best at what you do. Luck has nothing to do with it, but I'm sure you already know that.
I'm sending you my best energy.
Now, go break a log!!
Hey Congratulations, Cherie!! You have everyone here's support, we know you will win!!! Good Luck, and have a blast!! [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Cherie best of luck have fun doing what your
doing.
Oh yes I still want you to carve my Wolverine.
You Gooooo Grrrl
PS Keep those chain saw teeth sharp
Cheers [img]graemlins/martini.gif[/img] CW NOTE: milk in martini
glass
No drinking and sawing
Anyone knows ow these competitions work? I mean, are they supposed to carv a standard thing or they are free to carv whatever subject/size/wood they want? I never heard of this competitions, I'm totally uncultured about this [img]eek.gif[/img] [img]eek.gif[/img] [img]eek.gif[/img]
Cristina
ow= how [img]confused.gif[/img]
Sounds like there's a lot of rules.
They supply the wood via lottery. Then I think the competitors can trade with each other if they wish.
There's several "quick carve" competitions, timed for speed, and for the major contest, Cherie will have 17 hours to complete her sculpture. They have to carve something that relates to the theme "The Oregon Trail", and the sculpture must 'tell a story'.
If you were given that theme, what would you carve?
A wagon's wheel and the head of a buffalo in the same piece, something that reminds me of the emigrants' journeys... Easy ha?
[img]tongue.gif[/img]
Cristina
Good luck Cherie [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
Keep us posted. Just remember you have a bunch of people there with you in spirit.
All the best [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img]
show your soul babe!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Were there buffalo in Oregon? The buffalo head with the wagon wheel would be good, if so!Originally posted by rocketmaster:
Cherie will have 17 hours to complete her sculpture. They have to carve something that relates to the theme "The Oregon Trail", and the sculpture must 'tell a story'.
If you were given that theme, what would you carve?
That is a tough theme. I wonder what Cherie has decided to carve?
I'm beginning to get SUPER CURRIEOUS, 4 sure!
[img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Gus
Bookmarks